? ? ??
Address:?2540 LaPorte Avenue, Fort Collins 80521
Formerly known as the Poudre Transition Center (PTC)
History and Culture
Located in the historic Mountain View building, Poudre Community Academy (PCA) is a small,?supportive, closed campus environment.
Students at PCA attend a regular school day on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. On?Wednesdays students give back to the community by participating in a variety of service?learning activities in and around Fort Collins. PCA honors quarterly graduates and celebrates a?full graduation ceremony in May.
Academics and Activities
PCAí»s goal is to support students in the transition from frustration and failure to personal?success. PCA provides a diverse alternative education setting focused on consistency, excellence, and student accountability.?PCA offers individualized planning for post-secondary education and career goals by providing?students with regular evaluation and feedback. PCA creates an environment that strongly?supports studentsí» efforts to successfully graduate high school and establish career paths by?providing:
- Social-emotional guidance during the transition from adolescence to adulthood
- Engaging and rigorous academic work
- An environment of emotional and physical safety
- Smaller class sizes and enrichment opportunities
- Training in 21st Century skills, such as leadership, problem solving, and critical thinking
- High expectations for personal responsibility and positive choices
- Regular evaluation and feedback on progress
PCA students have unique opportunities to make positive change in classes available onsite,?online and at Front Range Community College. Work experience program credit, job shadowing?and internship opportunities are supported with schedule coordination between?work and school.
PCA students help create community norms and conduct peer orientation for new students?while developing new friendships and having fun and developing their creativity.?