? ? ??
Address:?5400 Ziegler Road, Fort Collins 80528
History and Culture
LEED certified Fossil Ridge High School (FRHS), opened in 2004, is named for the low ridge?to the west of Fort Collins. Using an interdisciplinary model, Fossil Ridgeí»s educational goal is to create the intimacy of a small school environment with the advantages of a large schoolí»s?diverse curriculum and opportunities. Each student is enrolled in an Advisory program which?includes academic support, post-secondary planning, civic engagement, and service learning.
Academics and Activities
Classes at FRHS are available to meet a full range of student needs including those with special interests, those seeking advanced-level opportunities, and those with special needs. Poudre School Districtí»s standards-based curriculum is taught using diverse instructional?methods to meet a variety of individual learning styles. Curriculum requirements are offered?through a wide array of class choices to encourage and pique the interests of all students.?Fossil Ridge offers extensive fine arts and music programs, as well as outstanding science and?math opportunities.
The latest technology including mobile and stationary computer labs, a fully equipped?television studio, and closed-circuit programming is available to Fossil Ridge students. An?expandable 600-seat auditorium for school musical and theatrical productions is also onsite.?
Special Program Highlights
Fossil Ridge offers many paths to increased learning, based on students learning strengths and?preferences to include:
- Advanced Placement (AP) Program ĘC a program of college-level courses and exams that provides high school students the opportunity to receive Advanced Placement and/or college credit. Curriculum and staff prepare students for 27 of the 37 available AP?exams, compared to the national average of eight.
- PaCE (Professional and Community Experience) ĘC a program for students who wish?to extend their learning experiences outside of the classroom.
- ACE (Alternative Cooperative Education) ĘC a program which prepares students for?careers by offering student credit when combined ?with related coursework, for paid employment, apprenticeships, shadowing and volunteering.
- STEM Academy ĘC designed to develop studentsí» 21st century skills and STEM content?knowledge through a guided framework of creative and relevant student projects focused on the enrichment of our local and global community.
- Concurrent Enrollment Course Offerings ĘC A total of 9 courses are offered at FRHS through Front Range Community College in the areas of Business, Language Arts, Social?Science and World Languages. A total of 7 classes are offered at FRHS through the University of Colorado Denver CU Succeed Gold Program in the area of Mathematics.
An extensive activities program is cultivated and available to all students at Fossil Ridge. Examples include a full slate of boysí» and girlsí» Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA) sports and over 60 student organizations for students in grades 9-12.