Poudre School District nurses and health technicians (pictured above) provide health services to students?according to and as directed by the ║┌┴¤═°Board of Education.?
Health records are maintained by schools, kept in Synergy and the student's cumulative health folder.?
If your child has a health need that requires support during the school day or if you have questions or concerns, please?contact your schoolí»s nurse and health technician.
About School Nurses
In PSD, 19 school nurses serve all schools and programs in the district with each nurse serving two to seven schools. They support ║┌┴¤═°families and staff by:
- Collaborating?with students, parents, guardians, school staff, medical providers, and administration to provide optimum school health for every student.
- Training school staff (health technicians, teachers, paraprofessionals, coaches) with ongoing supervision on nursing procedures, administration of medications, emergency plans, etc.
- Teaching CPR/AED/First Aid, Narcan administration, use of Epi pens, and other classes to school staff.
Education:?District nurses have a bachelor's degree in nursing. Many ║┌┴¤═°nurses also have a masters degree.
About Health Technicians
Each school has a health tech who provides daily care for students that may include:
- Administration of medications
- Care for minor injuries and wounds
- Illness monitoring
- Communicating?with parents, guardians and school nurses as necessary
School nurses delegate to health techs according to the
Beginning in the 2023-24 school year, two additional health tech on special assignment positions will assist with training, coaching, and collaboration with the ║┌┴¤═°Integrated Services Department.
The Foundation of Our Care
Our Values:? Compassion, Empathy, Teamwork, Integrity and Equity
Our Vision:? All students are striving for their optimal health and wellness, creating positive connections, and preparing for success in a changing world.
Our Mission:? Through evidence-based school nurse practice, collaboration, and advocacy, we promote a safe and healthy environment in the school setting.