║┌┴¤═°and Community Support
Numerous?resources and services?are available to families in Northern Colorado. You'll find several Poudre School District support resources and community crisis services highlighted?in the green boxes on?the right.?Links to community organizations and additional services are listed below.?
Not sure what you may need or who can help? Being well-resourced in basic needs, such as food, clothing and housing, all support mental well-being.?This guide?has information to help find programs to support basic needs, as well as crisis counseling, substance use and abuse.?║┌┴¤═°is sharing this guide as a community service; making it publicly available?does not constitute an endorsement of any business, organization, or resource.?
Another option - call , the 24/7 go-to resource?that helps people across the U.S. and Canada, find the local resources they need.
- ?- Before- and after-school childcare service at ║┌┴¤═°schools
Child Protection Resources?and Hotline
- - For?reports of child/adult abuse or neglect. Provides resources and intervention for youth (ages 0-17) and families struggling with a variety of circumstances.
- ?- Call??844-CO-4-Kids; Available 24 hours a day, every day. Don't hesitate to call and get help.
- ?Anyone witnessing a child in a life-threatening situation should call 911 immediately.
- ?- Online service to apply?for medical, food, cash, and early childhood assistance programs
- - Programs:
- Food Assistance
- Health First Colorado
- Cash and Employment Assistance
- Child Care Assistance Program
- Aid to the Needy Disabled
- Medicare Savings Program
- Old Age Pension
- - Programs:
- One-time bill payment assistance:?
- Catholic Charities Larimer County, 970-484-5010
- The Family Center/La Familia, 970-221-1615
- Goodwill of Colorado, 888-775-5327
- City of Fort Collins Utilities, to?set up a payment arrangement: call 970-212-2900?or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
- If you need help finding resources: ?
Enrichment - Reduced-Fee or Free Activities and Resources
The City of Fort Collins offers a reduced fee program for qualified families to purchase passes and pay for activities (community centers, pools, Recreator activities, sports teams) at a significantly reduced price. Families who qualify for Poudre School Districtí»s free or reduced meals program are eligible for the cityí»s reduced-fee activities program by submitting their ║┌┴¤═°free or reduced meals notification letter from the current school year. Families who did not keep their original ║┌┴¤═°eligibility letter may get a replacement letter by contacting Linda Graham, ║┌┴¤═°Child Nutrition office manager, at 970-490-3568 or email@example.com. Learn more about the program and how to apply on the ?
- Poudre River Library District?
- ?to the Denver Post, Boulder Daily Camera, Longmont Times-Call and Loveland Reporter-Herald. Digital publications also include Kid Scoop (ages 4 to 8) on Mondays, Colorado Kids (ages 8 to 14) on Tuesdays and Mini Page (ages 4 to 8) on Wednesdays.?
- ?- Free virtual tours?
- ?-? Online collection includes a searchable database of approximately 8,000 artworks.?
- ?- Virtual tours and online learning opportunities
- The British Museum, London, United Kingdom?
Unfortunately, Larimer County is not immune to gun violence or its permanent impact on our youth. We have lost too many young people in our community. In 2019, a county coalition came together with the intention of reducing risk and enhancing our communityí»s safety. ?
The Juvenile Gun Safety Coalition and involve many partner organizations representing the areas of law enforcement, mental health, education, suicide prevention and more. ║┌┴¤═°is part of this group and offers resources through the coalitioní»s site to support our staff, students, families and communities.?
What is the campaigní»s focus? ?
- Responsible gun ownership and safe handling and storage of firearms
- Encouraging students to report concerning behavior or guns in schools using tools like?
- Working with youth in the community justice system who have been involved in gun-related incidents. ?Learn more about one of the initiatives that came out of this campaign: ?
- Get free gun locks and access resources on the
- Video -??(Juvenile Gun Safety Coalition, 2019)
- Video -??(Juvenile Gun Safety Coalition, 2021)
- ?(in partnership with the Family Center/La Familia, Fuerza Latina and the Family Housing Network, provides services through the Camino a Casa Collective).
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Services in PSD
- - Weekend food assistance for students and their families
- Meals for Kids
- For help finding resources: ?
Mental Health Support
- ║┌┴¤═°Mental Health?Services, Resources
- ?- Anonymously report anything that concerns or threatens you, your friends, your family or your community; Open 24/7?to take reports.
?- If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available - call or text 988 or chat .
- -? Colorado youth are?eligible for free therapy sessions. Visit the to take a confidential online survey about their mental health and schedule sessions with a licensed behavioral health clinician, primarily online over telehealth.?State law allows youth ages 12 and up to use the platform independently; youth ages 11 and younger will need their parent or guardian's consent to sign up.?Learn more on the?.